Conventional microwaves are being slowly replaced by compact microwaves. They have become desirable due to their great efficiency and small size. In the modern world, a number of people are living in condominiums or apartments where space is very limited and the small space that is available has to be used well. Conventional microwaves are known to consume a lot of space and thus many people have opted for a better option.
Though they are small in size, they do not have any limitations in terms of performance and are available in various levels of power ratings. From defrosting frozen food to cooking, compact microwaves provide all kinds of features which conventional microwaves are known to offer.
Not everyone has the ability to avoid the bigger conventional microwaves. It was with that in mind that the small compact microwaves were developed to take care of the affordability factor. This means that all are able to get the much needed snacks and healthy meals cooked to perfection within a short time frame. The small microwave oven comes in a number of bands. Some of these brands include: Amana, Haier, Panasonic and Sharp.
When looking to buy a compact microwave, it is advisable to carry out your own research and consider your personal needs before purchasing one. You can read online reviews about the various brands or seek for referrals from friends and family. Some of these reviews share the actual experiences that customers have had with each particular appliance, and what they share can help to guide you towards the perfect microwave for your home.
|Top Pick||Photo||Compact Microwave||Capacity (Cu Ft)||Wattage
#1 – Panasonic NN-SD372S Microwave
Panasonic NN-SD372S Microwave Overview
Customers feel that the Panasonic Microwave is spacious and works very well, while cooking food evenly. The knob control is excellent and actually an improvement over the keypad. It is sleek in design and beautiful in appearance, and delivers everything promised and so much more.
Customers who use the Panasonic microwave feel it is terrific at defrosting with even results. The warming feature and sensor-reheat option are phenomenal. Consumers say the device is wrapped in a stainless steel body, not a gray painted metallike most microwaves, and most agree that it works perfectly. The controls on this appliance are easy to understand and very powerful,allowing food to cook in a shorter span of time.
Reviewers claim it is large, so anything could fit inside to be cooked – for instance, if you cook or defrost a chicken or turkey, it would fit inside. The best part is the “reheat” button, which is an easy and convenient way to reheat your favorite dishes to perfection. The price is very reasonable as compared to other microwaves. We would recommend this Panasonic microwave as it is a great product that provides wonderfulresults, and customers were very pleased with its overall performance.
#2 – Haier MWM0701TW Microwave
Haier MWM0701TW Microwave Overview
Customers were very satisfied with their purchase of this compact microwave with a cooking power of 700 watts and a capacity of 0.7 cubic feet. Its cooking prowess is complemented by its user-friendly menus, electronic touch controls, and dual speed exhaust fans.
The Haier Microwave is perfect for those customers looking for a microwave which does not take up much space, for small kitchens, small apartments, offices, shallow counter tops, and dorm rooms. Customers who have limited counter space will appreciate its compact footprint, and those who do not need a full sized microwave will find it very sufficient.
Not only does it save consumers counter space but its powerful heating power savestime in the kitchen. It is perfect for pre-packaged dinners, and great for reheating meals, coffee, and making popcorn. Most found it very simple to use and had no difficultly using its various features and options. Very smartly priced to meet the average customer budget, the Haier Microwave oven is an extremely efficient and performance-oriented appliance.
#3 – Kenmore 66339 TCP Microwave
Kenmore 66339 TCP Microwave Overview
This Kenmore microwave features a 1.2 cubic-foot oven interior and 1200 watts of cooking power. Consumers found that the microwave cooks food evenly and perfectly every time. You do not have to choose a cooking power or auto time for cooking food with this appliance, as its one touch buttons are pre-programmed with cooking cycles for popular foods set at the right amount of time.
When one stage is complete, the next stage automatically starts, taking the dish through defrosting, cooking and warming. The exhaust fan has good speed options, so you can choose the best level of ventilation to remove food odors, smoke, grease, heat and humidity. The menu option quickly softens butter and cream cheese and gently melts hard cheeses and chocolate.
Reviewers found it very easy to use and to clean this appliance, and liked its accurate cooking sensor which heats food evenly. It doesn’t take up much counter space and prepares various food items very quickly. Consumers found it very lightweight and easy to carry, as well. We would recommend Kenmore for its excellent pricing, reliability, and durability.
Compact Microwave Oven Buyer’s Guide
The microwave oven is one of the most important home appliances of the modern age. Making heating and cooking food faster, than ever it greatly reduces preparation time for most households. For those who are looking for a microwave oven that occupies minimal space, a compact microwave oven is the best option available. This buyer’s guide will help you shop for the best microwave available, so you’ll get your money’s worth on an appliance that is small but performs like the big boys.
Why Buy a Compact Microwave Oven?
A compact microwave oven makes sense for a number of reasons. If you are cooking or heating a minimal amount of food most of the time, it’s pointless to invest in a larger unit. A small oven also makes sense when you are working with limited space. Due to their smaller size, these ovens can be slipped into tight spaces like limited counter-tops. Last but not least, these small ovens consume less electricity because they need to use less electricity to create sufficient heat to prepare your meal.
Facts to Be Considered Before Purchasing a Compact Microwave Oven
The following is a list of 10 considerations you must think about when shopping for a compact microwave oven. Get all these considerations in order, and you’re almost guaranteed to get something that perfectly fits your needs.
- Check your space– For best results, take measurements of the area you’re intending to place your oven. These measurements will be your benchmark as you select an oven. Make sure to save at least an inch or two on the back, sides, and top for proper spacing.
- Check how much volume is available– The volume dictates how many items you can place inside your oven. Generally speaking, the higher the volume, the better it is. The volume of a typical compact microwave oven ranges from 0.5 to 0.8 cubic feet. The more volume it occupies relative to the oven’s dimensions, the better.
- Evaluate number of users in household– As a rule of thumb, it’s best to go for a compact microwave if there’s only 1 or 2 of you that use it most of the time. Compact ovens tend to have a simplified construction and features that are best for individual users. If you’re living on your own or in a small household, a compact device can work wonders for you.
- Consider the stuff you are cooking– What you use your microwave oven for has an impact on your final choice. When all you do are simple tasks such as reheating dishes by the plate and cooking items like popcorn, a compact should work wonders for you. However, if you perform high-volume tasks on a regular basis, you might want to consider up-sizing your oven, even if it costs more.
- Check the wattage– Wattage is one of the most important things to take note of when evaluating a compact microwave oven. The higher the wattage, the faster and more evenly it cooks your food. On the flip-side, having a higher wattage device means it consumes more electricity when turned on. If you are intending to cook and prepare your meals on the microwave oven, having a higher-wattage option (800-1200W is considered ideal for cooking) makes sense.
- Choose between counter-top and over-the-stove– These are 2 popular options when it comes to microwave ovens. The counter-top oven is the more conventional form of the two. All you have to do is find a space where your oven can sit, plug it in, and you can start cooking right away. An over-the-stove microwave oven is actually built into your cabinets. While such an option allows you to save a lot of space, installing them often requires professional help.
- Check number of settings– Settings can greatly add to the functionality of any oven. The most basic setting allows you to adjust time to ensure even cooking of particular items. You can manually set the time limit, but some ovens have preset times for particular purposes ranging from heating coffee to defrosting frozen meat. More advanced ovens even allow you to adjust power to control the heat that goes into your food.
- Evaluate extra features– You can consider features that potentially make your compact microwave oven more useful. One example of an effective extra feature is the addition of preset settings for particular cooking purposes. Another example is the addition of a turntable that rotates your food for more even cooking. If you have kids in the house, an oven with a security lock will ensure their safety. Of course, before buying, evaluate if some features are indeed practical and usable for your particular needs.
- Try a programmable microwave oven– You can manipulate how your food is prepared with the help of a programmable microwave oven. Using such a program allows you to create multi-step programs that cook your food according to how you want it. Such programs allow you to adjust the intensity of your oven for efficient cooking. Other ovens can even be programmed to start cooking at a particular time!
- Get an oven that’s simple to clean– Simplicity of cleaning is an advantage for any kitchen gadget and accessory. It would be especially advantageous if the inside, particularly the pan, of your compact microwave oven is made of non-stick material for simple washing. It would also be better if the construction of the outside of your oven is easy to clean by wiping. When cleanup is made easy, it’s definitely a sign that you bought the right appliance.
These are 10 of the things you need to watch out for when shopping for a compact microwave oven. Ensuring that all (or at least most) of these criteria are met is a sure-fire way to get the appliance that will serve your needs. Regardless of budget or preferences, it should be easy to find the compact microwave oven that fits perfectly into your kitchen, and cooks your meals to perfection.