INFANT CHANGING PAD REVIEWS
Contemplating baby car seats, baby formula makers, baby bottles and a stroller is what most people do upon having a baby before thinking about purchasing Infant Changing Pads. Your nursery needs this contour-shaped changing pad. When used, your child is provided with a comfortable surface when changing diapers.
There are a number of things which should be considered when acquiring one. Long are gone the days when one had to consider going for a soft flat pad when changing a baby’s diaper. A more stable and safer solution is needed when looking for infant changing pads. The following are some of the factors to take into consideration when looking for one:
Ease of cleaning: Something which is easy to disinfect and clean is needed since human waste is involved when changing pads. It’s advisable to go for pads with a top layer that is made of vinyl since it is water-proof. Materials which could be laundered in a washing machine or that can be cleaned using a baby wipe or wet cloth are preferred.
Comfort: Since a baby is to lie on them, the pad needs to be soft. Some are made from cotton while others are made from rubber or foam. When it’s soft enough, it will cradle the tail bone and the head of the baby lying on it. There are specific fabrics which are meant for babies with sensitive skin.
Durability: Going for options which are likely to last for a long time is advised. Changing the pads from time to time should not be a priority. Always buy ones which fit the budget you are willing to spend.
Safety: Pads that provide enough space for the baby to lie on are the best ones. They should be shaped in such a way that the baby should not fall off them. The surface which the baby lies on should be made from a non-slipping surface. Those with straps or screws are most recommended.
Top Pick Baby Changing Pad
|Top Pick||Photo||Infant Changing Pad||Material||Dimensions (Inches)
|1||Summer Infant||Vinyl ,Polyester||32.50 x 16.50 x 4.00
|2||LA Baby||Vinyl||32.00 x 16.00 x 4.00
|3||American Baby Company||Polyester||17.00 x 35.00 x 5.00
#1 – Summer Infant Contoured Changing Pad
Summer Infant Contoured Changing Pad Overview
A contoured changing pad is a must-have in a nursery. The Summer Infant Contoured Changing Pad provides kids a comfortable surface during diaper changes. The pad is double layered and has a PVC-free top layer for maximum comfort and durability. The contoured pad with safety straps provides a snug fit for kids.
The Contour Changing Pad is designed to offer you peace of mind, your baby’s ultimate comfort, and ease of cleaning. The Summer Infant changing pad is made to fit most changing tables or dressers for changing diapers. The versatile design fits most dresser and table tops. It is made of a durable material that is PVC free and also very easy to wipe and clean.
Consumers liked the high walls of the contoured sides to help keep baby from rolling over too much. It includes wood screws to secure the changing pad to the dresser and table top. It also includes a restraint strap and it can easily be covered or wiped down with a wash cloth.
#2 – LA Baby 4 Sided Changing Pad
LA Baby 4 Sided Changing Pad Overview
The LA Baby is ergonomically designed and has four soft sides to make your baby comfortable. It also has a vinyl covered waterproof changing pad. It is sized to fit most dresser and table tops.
The pad has a quick release safety belt and screws to secure mounting. Customers liked it because it allows the baby’s head to be slightly elevated near the edge of the changing pad which prevents their child from turning, allowing parents to easily change diapers. The LA Baby changing pad is comfortable and nice for baby to lie in. It is made out of 100% cotton and is machine washable.
If the cover gets spoiled, it is removable; just toss it into the washer and it is as good as new. Consumers found its side walls very nice, as they seem to keep the baby safely in the middle of the changing pad. This baby changing pad is made of vinyl that’s waterproof and durable, so you can wipe it clean with water and soap. The L.A. Baby contoured changing pad has a non-toxic cover for added safety and is designed to fit most tables and dressers.
#3 – American Baby Contoured Changing Pad
American Baby Contoured Changing Pad Overview
The American Baby contoured changing pad cover is made of elegant and ultra soft chenille material. It fits all US standard contoured changing table pads. The softness and elegance of the chenille is very comfortable and ideal for baby’s soft skin.
The changing pad corners have elastic, providing a perfect fit. Customers liked it because the sheet is very durable and super soft to touch. It is ideal for baby’s soft skin and is fitted with elastic corners for a comfortable and snug fit. We recommend American Baby contoured changing pad as it is a must to have for today’s nursery and is soft and comfortable,as well being available in a variety of solid colors.
Infant Changing Pad Buying Guide
After having your baby, you’ve probably already bought the stroller, baby bottles, baby car seats, even a baby formula maker before even thinking of buying an infant changing pad; because to you it’s just a surface on which you’ll change your baby. But changing pads have transformed from being merely a soft flat place to change your baby’s diaper on, into something safer and more stable.
Things to Consider
What would be better: foam pads or rubber mats? Would the more expensive one be better for your baby; or should you settle for something cheaper but not as well made? To make the choice easier for you, here are a few things you should consider when buying an infant changing pad:
- Comfort – The pad should be soft enough for the baby to lie on. Some changing pads are made of foam or rubber; while others are made from cotton or a cotton blend. As long as it’s soft and will cradle the baby’s head and tail bone while he or she’s lying down, what it’s made from doesn’t matter. Unless of course your baby has very sensitive skin and can only be near specific fabrics.
- Ease of cleaning – Since most of what you’d be doing with the changing pad involves human waste, you’d want something that’s easy to clean and disinfect. Look for changing pads with top layers which are water-proof, like vinyl; something that you can clean with a wet cloth or baby wipe.If it could be laundered in a washing machine, all the better.
- Safety – The pad should have ample space for your baby to lie on. It would be better if the pad itself were shaped in a way that would keep the baby from rolling off. Having a strap in the middle helps a great deal to keep your baby safe.It should also be secure. It should have some kind of non-slip surface at the bottom,so while you’re changing your baby it won’t slide off the slick surface of the table. It would be even better if the changing pad had a frame with either straps or screws to hold it in place.
- Durability – You want your baby’s changing pad to last you at least a couple of years. It’s best to have the value for your money last because you want to spend more money on other things your baby needs.
- Budget – You want the best but the best doesn’t come cheap. But top brands are putting their changing pads on sale, and you can purchase a good one for less than $20. Or, you can always searcheBay and other virtual markets for great deals.
- Other features
- Ease of Transport – Most of these changing pads aren’t designed to be transported. They are meant to be secured on top of a dresser or a table. Nevertheless, you can find those with straps and handles that you can roll or unfold with ease, like a yoga mat. Some even have small compartments where you can store baby wipes, diapers and other paraphernalia.
- Design – Having a cute baby design doesn’t mean much but it adds to a changing pad’s overall appeal. You want it to be fun for your baby as well as being functional. If the changing pad doesn’t have a design on it, or you don’t like the design it already has, there are changing pad covers that have the character, animal or design to match the decor of your baby’s room.
Online Shopping and Reviews
Unless you know someone who has the exact model you’re looking for, it’s hard to shop online for someone as important as your baby. You see brand after brand of changing pads advertising the same features but how sure are you that they mean what they say?
Reviews from others who have purchased an infant changing padcan tell you what they liked about it, what they thought should be improved on, how they’ve used it, and so on. But be careful. This is only their opinion. They may have bought the changing pad but they’re not you. There will be those who criticize it harsher than you and there are those who are a bit more lenient.
Try getting a feel for what the general consensus is on the changing pad as a whole and the features they customers and didn’t like. That might put your mind at ease a bit, and it’ll help you judge what changing pad is better for you and your baby.
Not Just a Mat
Some would think a changing pad for your baby is a glorified plastic mat;that any surface would do to change your baby’s diaper on.The changing pad you buy for your child is not just a mat. To you, it’s another way to keep your baby safe, healthy and clean. And as parents, that’s one way to show them you care.