If you want to have some delicious popcorn in the comfort of your own home, then you should consider taking a look at some Popcorn Makers to deciding which one you might like for your own home. Instead of the basic approach of cooking popcorn in the microwave with the bag that it comes in, you can buy specific Popcorn Makers that will help you pop a lot of tasty corn in a minimal amount of time.
Aside from Popcorn Makers that are functional, you can also choose one simply for the design. There are many which are themed to look like antique popcorn makers, and these are some of the best designs on the market if you are looking for a machine that is both functional and aesthetic. Popcorn Makers vary in size, color, cost, and a variety of other features.
When you are taking your time to look for the right machine, you should think about who it is that you want to make the popcorn for. If you are going to use it for only a few people, then perhaps you don’t need a machine that is as big as one that is designed to feed more people on a regular basis. There are many different designs out there, and surely you will be able to find one that will suit your needs.
You can enjoy the convenience of having your own maker at home, popping the corn, adding the butter or other spices, and sitting down in the comfort of your own establishment and relaxing with this delicious snack. Popcorn is enjoyed as a snack with movies, television shows, and on many other occasions, by millions of people around the world. If you want the chance to make your own snack fresh, and in the comfort of your own home, then you should consider getting a popcorn maker of your very own.
|Top Pick||Photo||Popcorn Maker||Material||Size (Cups)||Warranty (Years)
#1 – Catamount Glassware CG4526 Popcorn Maker
Catamount Glassware CG4526 Popcorn Maker Overview
The Catamount Popcorn maker is one that actually works in the microwave. This glass popcorn maker makes popping corn in the microwave easy and healthy, and is a superior alternative to buying expensive bags of microwave popcorn. Customers found it very easy to make light and fluffy popcorn within a few minutes. Once the popcorn maker has finished popping, you can instantly have a bowl of freshly popped corn.
There is no need to use oil if you don’t want to. If you prefer to use butter, it comes with a silicone butter melting lid that will prevent the popcorn from popping out of the glass jar, while simultaneously covering your popcorn in butter.
You can make up to 12 cups of popcorn with the Catamount. The Catamount Popcorn maker is made from boro-silicate glass which was originally developed for laboratory use. This boro-silicate glass is highly heat resistant and can withstand temperatures up to 1247 Fahrenheit.
Customers liked this popcorn maker as it has been designed as an elegant cooking and serving appliance. This eliminates the need for any extra dishes. We recommend Catamount Popcorn maker as it is very economical and a healthy choice for your home.
#2 – Cuisinart CPM-100 Popcorn Maker
Cuisinart CPM-100 Popcorn Maker Overview
Customers like that Cuisinart’s flavored popcorn popper makes crisper and fluffier popcorn. Once it’s popped, you can add in flavors of your choice and the popcorn maker will do the stirring. With the Cuisinart Popcorn maker you can make up to 10 cups of popcorn with one tablespoon of oil,which automatically mixes with the popcorn.
A stirrer will keep the corn in constant motion for even distribution of flavoring with no burning. When popping is complete, just pour the kernels into the hopper and your delicious snack pops out of the chute right into the bowl within three minutes. We found that this popcorn maker pops up very quickly, produces a low fat snack, and is compact enough for the countertop. It gives you the option of choosing the type and amount of toppings for your popcorn. We recommend this popcorn maker due to its quality construction, along with its BPA free plastic. It is a great value for your money.
#3 – Presto 04824 Popcorn Maker
Presto 04824 Popcorn Maker Overview
We found Presto Popcorn Maker easy to use, and it prepared popcorn to near perfection. It consists of a durable plastic bowl and a see-through lid, to pop nearly every kernel in the bowl. The popcorn maker works incredibly fast without oil to make fluffy popcorn.
You can produce up to 15 cups of popcorn in less than three minutes. This popcorn maker works so fast that you will need to use soft, room-temperature butter in the maker. It is very easy to clean, as you can wipe its base with a damp cloth for a quick clean up. The popcorn maker cover is made of a material designed to absorb intense heat without melting.
Customers liked this popcorn maker as it is capable of making consecutive batches of popcorn, and can even roast coffee beans too. We recommend the Presto popcorn maker for its large capacity, speed, and easy cleanup, plus it is inexpensive and durable.
Popcorn is one of the most popular snacks today. Itis eaten at home, at the cinema, or even while strolling at the mall. Gone are the days when popcorn could only eitherbe bought in an actual store or in microwavable form. Today, popcorn makers have definitely become widespread and more and more people are investing in them so that they can make popcorn in the comfort of their own homes.
Popcorn makers are designed to use various methods to make the heated kernels explode. A sealed container is provided to properly preserve the popcorn and keep it warm until it is ready to be served. There are a lot of different types of popcorn machines, which is why it could be a bit confusing at first for those who are buying one for the very first time.
When planning to purchase a popcorn machine, keep in mind that this device should have these major components.
- The Support Structure: A popcorn machine support structure is one of the most important components. It is separate from the actual machine and it serves to prop up the popcorn maker. This element is present in both commercial and home popcorn machines.
- Mobile Cart: The function of this is the easiest transport of the popcorn machine as possible. This component is usually found in commercial popcorn machines.
- Popcorn Kettle: It has an aluminum surface, and this is the element that makes the heating and popping of the popcorn possible.
- Glass Panel: This enables the person who is making the popcorn to see what is going on during the popping process. It also serves as a sort of entertainment for popcorn enthusiasts to see how popcorn is made.
- Switches:These enable the person who is making the popcorn to turn the motor on and off.
- Warmer Tray: It helps keep the popped corn toasty until it is ready to be served and eaten.
- Butter Dispenser: This is what dispenses the butter onto the newly popped corn itself to add more flavor and richness to it.
- Electric Motor: It supplies power to the machine in order to heat the kettle and base of the popcorn.
- Fan Heater: It supplies an abundance of high temperature air to popcorn poppers.
- Directional Funnel: This is the component which transfers the popped corn to a container.
- Metal Filler Shaft: It helps in filling the popcorn bags.
- Stirring Arm: It stirs the kernels and evenly spreads the warmth in oil poppers.
- Serving Bowl: It is a detachable bowl and is used for serving the actual popcorn.
Types of Popcorn Makers
When planning to buy a popcorn machine, keep in mind that there are two types. The first one is the Hot Oil Popcorn Machine and the second one is the Air Popper. The difference between the two is that air poppers are easier to maintain since there is no oil involved. It also costs less, which is great for those who are on a tight budget.
When picking the right model of popcorn machine, the consumer must first be sure of what he/she is looking for in a popping device. For those who are looking for home popcorn machines, there are three different models to choose from.
- The first one is the Classic Table-Top Popcorn Machine. This particular type of machine uses customary oil kettles in order to pop the kernels. This machine is usually placed on counters or tabletops located in the kitchen or elsewhere. In terms of design, they resemble the traditional popcorn machine that everyone is accustomed to.
- The second one is the Warm Air Popcorn Popper. This type of popcorn machine is deemed to be healthy and budget-friendly since it quickly produces popped corn without having to use oil. It is also relatively cheaper compared to the other models of popcorn machine. This usually does not include modernized and developed features or accessories, which explains the low cost.
- The third one is the Round Counter Top Whisking Popper. A Stirring Popper machine is compact and is designed for oil popping. It includes an automated whisking device, which is great for ensuring consistency in the heat. Because of this, only a few kernels will be left un-popped. This popcorn machine model usually includes heat-resistant and non-stick features.
Facts to Consider
When it comes to commercial models that are commonly used in theaters and other food establishments, there are six models to choose from.
- First is the Counter-top Popcorn Popper. These are usually made with heavy duty metal and glass, and they also resemble the traditional popcorn machine that everyone commonly sees in movies and on television.
- Second is the Independent Popcorn Machine. This is great for those businesses that are looking to save some counter space.
- Third is the Popcorn Vendor Cart. This particular model is easily movable, and is often used for temporary popcorn-friendly events.
- Fourth is the Fuel-Powered Popcorn Machine. This particular model is usually used in outdoor places where power is unavailable. They resemble the very first popcorn machine models.
- Fifth is the Air-Popper Popcorn Machine. Popcorn sellers that would like to cater to health-conscious people would probably enjoy having this kind of popcorn machine. It is just like the home model of the air popcorn machine; the only difference is that the commercial model produces a high quantity in an instant.
- Sixth and last is the Electronic Popcorn Dispensing Machine. This model is usually freestanding and requires a coin to operate. This popcorn machine requires minimal supervision and maintenance, which is great for those businesses that do not solely offer popcorn.
Before buying a popcorn maker, it is important to first look at the features that each machine offers. It is also best to choose a popcorn machine that offers one’s desired machine dimensions and portion capacity. If you are just going to use it at home, it is best to invest in a popcorn machine that is small in size and has a lower serving volume. But for commercial establishments that cater to the public, it is advised that you invest in a popcorn machine that is bigger in size and has a larger serving volume.